The care we must have with our pets is very similar to the care we have with our children at home. Just as parents have the duty to keep all chemical substances, medicines, among others, away from the reach of children, to prevent them from accidentally coming into contact with them. This same care must be taken with our pets.

Although it is not very common for it to happen, the dog, due to its nature of being a very curious animal, is often exposed to intoxication or poisoning in various ways, because they can consume medicines for humans or products that can cause severe poisoning damage. or intoxication. The poisoning of the dog does not necessarily occur because he ingests the toxic product, but it can also be caused by skin contact, by the eyes or by smell.

What to do if you suspect that your dog has some type of poisoning?

Of course when the canine shows symptoms of poisoning, where it shows that? this was caused by the ingestion of some drug or toxic product, the prudent action is to try to identify what drug or toxic substance the dog ingested, then make telephone contact with the veterinarian to provide information on the product consumed and the state of the pet, in order to receive from the veterinarian, the preliminary indications that can minimize the effects of the toxic or poison while the dog is transferred to the veterinary clinic, where it receives all the pertinent attention and care.

Should the dog be induced to vomit?

In cases of poisoning due to ingestion of chemical products, it is important to first consult the veterinarian about the product consumed and that it be the doctor who indicates the relevance of inducing the dog to vomit, because there is the possibility that the chemical ingested is aggressive and very irritating to the mucosa of the dog's stomach, and inducing vomiting can cause additional damage to the digestive tract.

What product is used to induce vomiting in the dog at home?

One of the most efficient ways to make the dog vomit in a few minutes at home is by giving him hydrogen peroxide diluted to three percent (3%) to drink, supplying it in a dose of one and a half milliliter for each kilogram of the dog's weight ( 1.5mml/Kg). There are other ways that are not highly recommended, but that in extreme emergencies can be effective, such as supplying soapy liquid of the type used to wash kitchen utensils. Another way is by giving them plenty of salt. But always in these cases it is important to have the intervention of the veterinarian.

Contact poisoning.

When the source of the dog's poisoning is because some caustic or other chemical agent comes into contact with the dog's skin, either because it was accidentally spilled on him, because it was maliciously thrown on him or because he lay down on the residual chemical, that toxic product can cause severe skin injuries to the dog. In this case it is important to initially remove the dog from exposure to the chemical, then bathe the dog with plenty of water and consult the veterinarian, who will provide the instructions.

Image courtesy of ( all rights reserved.

Related products

  • €4.50
  • (2)
    €20.95 €19.90
  • Add a comment

    * He leído y acepto la política de privacidad.